Re: saving as .pdf files

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: saving as .pdf files
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:22:50 +0200

On 30.08.2008, at 03:24, address@hidden wrote:

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:43:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: asha g <address@hidden>
Subject: saving as .pdf files
To: address@hidden

How do I save my plots as .pdf files in Octave. I normally save as .eps. I need the .pdf for use in LaTeX.

Thanks
Asha

It depends on your gnuplot. If your gnuplot has support for pdf output, you might be able to use the following:

print('myfigure.pdf','-dpdf')

To find out if your gnuplot has pdf support, run gnuplot and type 'set terminal' to see a list of supported terminals (=output formats).

If your gnuplot does not have pdf support save the figure as an eps and then convert it to pdf outside of gnuplot. If you're on Linux (or on somethin similar such as Mac OS X) you might already have the ps2pdf program. Also, LaTeX may be able to convert eps files to pdf on its own using the epstopdf package ( \usepackage{epstopdf} ). This is my preferred way of using Octave plots in LaTeX.

Matthias