Octave 3.0.2 Configure Warning

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Octave 3.0.2 Configure Warning
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 00:43:08 -0700

./configure
  Do internal array bounds checking:  false
  Build static libraries:             false
  Build shared libraries:             true
  Dynamic Linking:                    true (dlopen)
  Include support for GNU readline:   true
  64-bit array dims and indexing:     false

configure: WARNING: I didn't find gperf, but it's only a problem if you
need to reconstruct oct-gperf.h
configure: WARNING: I didn't find flex, but it's only a problem if you
need to reconstruct lex.cc
configure: WARNING: I didn't find bison, but it's only a problem if you
need to reconstruct parse.cc
configure: WARNING: UMFPACK not found.  This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: COLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CCOLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CHOLMOD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CXSparse not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: GLPK library not found.  The glpk function for
solving linear programs will be disabled.
configure: WARNING: PCRE library not found.  This will result in some
loss of functionality for the regular expression matching functions.
configure: WARNING: Qhull library not found --- This will result in loss
of functionality of some geometry functions.
configure:

NOTE: libraries may be skipped if a library is not found OR
      if the library on your system is missing required features.

I have these libraries and ldconfig sees them.

#  grep -l UMFPACK /usr/lib/*
/usr/lib/libumfpack.so.1
/usr/lib/libumfpack.so.1.2
/usr/lib/libumfpack.so.3.1.0

# ldconfig -v | grep libumfpack
        libumfpack.so.3.1.0 -> libumfpack.so.3.1.0
        libumfpack.so.1 -> libumfpack.so.1.2

Is this a known  problem?

tomdean