Re: symbolic toolbox returns error

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: symbolic toolbox returns error
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:23:20 -0400

On 22-Aug-2008, lombardo wrote:

| Hi,
|
| Thanks a lot Søren.
|  Indeed I thought I had all the Ginac stuff needed. There doesn't seem
| to be a ginac-devel for (k)ubuntu. I have already installed ginac-tools,
| libginac1.4 and libginac-dev. So these don't seem to be substitutes for
| ginac-devel. Is that correct?
|
| In any case I re-installed Ginac compiling it from source (the
| installation checks seemed to be all passed)
|
| After re-installed the symbolic package I still get the error message
|
| octave-3.0.0:3> symbols
| error:
/home/lombardo/octave/symbolic-1.0.6/i486-pc-linux-gnu-api-v32/symbols.oct:
undefined symbol: _ZNK5GiNaC5basic5evalfEi

| What might have gone wrong?

You can demangle this function name with

  echo _ZNK5GiNaC5basic5evalfEi | c++filt

This should show you that

  GiNaC::basic::evalf(int) const

is undefined.  What library is supposed to define that function?  is
your symbols.oct file linked with that library?

jwe