I'd like to suppress warnings

From: gOS
Subject: I'd like to suppress warnings
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

I know about warning('off','all');, but I'd like to turn off octave warnings
from c++;

It seems that if I could turn off discard_warning_messages, I could do this,
but I can't. To put this in context (keep in mind this is falls back on
octave software not octave forge):

I'm creating a bridge function which can load in mat files and call
octave_embed from octave forge. Unfortunately, when octave_embed calls
do_octave_atexit() it seems a lot of things stay in memory. Wouldn't be a
problem if I just exited out of my program, but the problem results in the
fact that I might instantiate another object later and then I get bunch of
warnings.

These warnings don't seem to affect the way octave runs and mostly complain
about things already defined. So, is there anyway to suppress octave
warnings from in C++ or to get to that variable?