Re: release 3.0.2

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: release 3.0.2
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:34:22 +0200

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Thomas Weber
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 19.08.2008, 10:12 +0200 schrieb Jaroslav Hajek:
>> > I would also prefer to have the tarballs on the normal Octave page.
>>
>> It's going to happen, but I have no access. John is just waiting
>> whether all the regular builders can build this release.
>
> Well, if there's a bug in 3.0.2, we would release 3.0.3 quickly,
> wouldn't we?

Any bug? No. That could delay the release forever. I guess that build
failures and unexpected failures in make check are serious enough. I
announced that there's going to be a release within 2 weeks and asked
for final patches and bug reports, but now it seems I should have also
announced a freeze and wait for some successful build reports.
Therefore I would like to gather a list of builders for whose reports
I will always wait. If there are multiple builders for a certain
platform, it's probably OK if any of them reports a success.

Btw. I intend to release 3.0.3 quickly anyway (where "quickly" means
until the end of Semptember). I think there are already some pending
patches applicable to 3.0.x, but I'm waiting until they get into the
development archive.

I'm not yet sure whether there should be regular minor releases, but
in any case they should be frequent enough.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert