Re: release 3.0.2

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: release 3.0.2
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:12:55 +0200

> I would also prefer to have the tarballs on the normal Octave page.

It's going to happen, but I have no access. John is just waiting
whether all the regular builders can build this release. I
pre-announced the release two weeks ago, but perhaps I should have
made a second "last call".
Perhaps I could do with a list of regular builders. I would wait for
all of them to report a successful build from the archive, and then
make the official tarballs.

> There are several reasons:
>
> a) Bandwidth: The GNU servers are mirrored all around the world. In case
> someone wonders: tw-math.de has a limit of 200 GB per month. We are
> currently using less than 1% of that, but if it remains the only place
> where stable updates are available, this will surely rise.
>
> b) Easy downloads: Hm, I wanted to write something about easy downloads
> here, but it seems the web-frontend actually provides that:
>
> http://hg.tw-math.de/release-3-0-x
> => tags
> => release-3-0-2
> => bz2 in upper row
>
> Or, in short:
> http://hg.tw-math.de/release-3-0-x/archive/5937bae20efc.tar.bz2

This is cool. Kudos to the mercurial people.