Re: built-in variable i

From: Bart Vandewoestyne
Subject: Re: built-in variable i
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:25:00 +0200

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:01:24AM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Why?  2.1.69 is obsolete and quite old.  It had some bugs, like this.
> Some were fixed.  2.9.12 is also obsolete and fairly old and had some
> bugs, some of which were fixed.  I'd recommend upgrading to the
> current stable version, 3.0.1.

John,

You're probably right... 2.1.69 *is* indeed quite old, but
unfortunataly some people I work with here at our department
are still running Debian 3.1 sarge... which has 2.1.69.  But
anyway, you're right, they should upgrade and forget about the
past ;-)

The reason I'm using 2.9.12 is because it is the version that is
in the package from my Ubuntu distribution (and I'm too lazy to
compile and install myself ;-)  For now, 2.9.12 seems to do just
fine for me, so i think i will only upgrade if i need features
from later versions.

Thanks,
Bart

--
        "Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."