Re: Octave comments in emacs

From: Rosen Diankov
Subject: Re: Octave comments in emacs
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:07:42 -0400

Small corrections:

In calculate-octave-indent, just delete the entire expression

((looking-at "\\s<\\S<")
       (setq icol (list comment-column icol)))

that forces comments to comment-column (which is 32). Was there a
reason for this?

Also, it should be noted that forcing single quotes to act like double
quotes in the syntax table really messes up the transposing of
matrices with the ' operator. If you care more about using single
quotes in your scripts (because of matlab compatibility), then just
use the transpose function instead of '

Is there a way to assign two different syntax rules for the same
character in emacs? Ie, one where ' is treated as a string quote (and
suppresses the syntax elements inside the quotes), and one where it is
treated as a suffix operator.

rosen,