Re: Multiple mesh plot with a correct legend

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Multiple mesh plot with a correct legend
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 07:19:42 -0400

Xandri Farr wrote:
Thank you for the response.  I'm using GNU Octave, version 2.1.73.
I had a look at "help colormap" but this as far as I understand only
manages the colour of the different plots.  The part I would really
would like to edit is the description given to each mesh/surface drawn on the axis. Something like "help legend" provides the following:

" Legend puts a legend on the current plot using the specified strings
  as labels. Use independant strings (@var{st1}, @var{st2}, @var{st3}...), a
  matrix of strings (@var{matstr}), or a cell array of strings (@var{cell})
  to specify legends. Legend works on line graphs, bar graphs, etc..."

I could not apply this command successfully to a multiple mesh plot.
Hi Xandri,

If possible, the best solution would likely be to upgrade to the most recent version of Octave: 3.0.1. There have been many changes to Octave, especially in the graphics code, and they will likely help you with what you're looking to do.

Have a good day,

Bill