Re: Unable to install yapso using pkg install

From: aravind b
Subject: Re: Unable to install yapso using pkg install
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:54:04 +0530

I have installed Kubuntu 7.10 and was able to successfully install yapso with just:

$ sudo aptitude install octave2.9-headers libpng12-dev freeglut3-dev

and

octave:1> pkg install -verbose yapso-0.3.4.tar.gz

The octave version that I have now is 2.9.12.
It is my pleasure to thank Soren, and Marc for your eagerness to help !

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
lør, 09 08 2008 kl. 03:26 +0530, skrev aravind b:
> You are right, it says I'm using version 2.9.9. But I thought it would
> install the latest version when i did
>
> $ sudo aptitude install octave2.9-headers libpng12-dev freeglut3-dev

Well, you're asking for the Octave 2.9.x series to be installed. Have
you tried asking for the 3.0.x series. Recent versions of Ubuntu have
that. Try searching for Octave with your package manager.

Søren