Re:

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 07:06:26 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
Quoting bharat pathak <address@hidden>:
   My functions are still consuming 1.3 seconds, which is
   prohibitively high if someone intends to process 200
   images.

I've tried your code on my machine at work, and it returns almost instantly. So either my machine is much faster than yours, or something seems broken with your setup. Matrix based code can be fairly memory intensive, so perhaps this is your problem? If you store, say, 200 images in memory at the same time, this could affect performance quite a bit.

Hi,

How large are the images and how fast is the computer? If you have large images or slow computers, it could definitely take a while, and you're not likely to get much faster than Jaroslav's solution. The only speed-up then would be if you aren't using an optimized BLAS library (the general suggestion that I see on the list is ATLAS optimized for your particular processor).

Have a good day,

Bill