Re: Execution and Plot times for 1Kx1K ambiguity function

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: Execution and Plot times for 1Kx1K ambiguity function
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:04:33 -0600

On 7/30/08 address@hidden wrote:
Matlab plots the mesh plot within 5 additional seconds on my laptop,
Octave through gnuplot has not been able to plot anything yet to the
screen.

Octaviz (http://octaviz.sourceforge.net/) can manage to do the plotting part (see attached). Here is the plotting code that I used after I ran your script:

[x,y] = meshgrid(delay,freq);
%%vtk_mesh(delay,freq,20*log10(ambig+eps))
vtk_mesh(x,y,20*log10(ambig+eps))
vtk_axis("square")
vtk_ylabel('Normalized frequency')
vtk_xlabel('Normalized delay')
vtk_zlabel("Code ambiguity function")
%% move plot position with mouse
vtk_print -dpng full_mesh.png

It seems to me that you could also interpolate your result to a smaller grid, e.g. by using griddata. This will help with the plotting slowness no matter what plotting engine you use. You could then even do surface plots rather than mesh plots.

Jonathan

PNG image