Re: Matlab classes supported?

From: Bart Vandewoestyne
Subject: Re: Matlab classes supported?
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:17:00 +0200

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 05:43:03AM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:

> The current development sources include some support for the
> "old-style" classes.
>
> You want the new thing?  Hmm.  No one outside of the MathWorks even
> knew about that until the latest version of Matlab was released in the
> last few months, and you expect that it is already in Octave?

John,

Thanks for your response.  Actually, i didn't know that one has
to make a distinction between 'old-style' and 'new-style' Matlab
classes.  I was just looking at the online Matlab docs.  I am familiar
with OO-techniques, but I haven't worked
with Matlab classes before.  For the stuff I'm working on right
now, I was wondering whether Matlab classes could provide me a
clean solution... but I only want to program it that way if
Octave also has support for it.

So for now, I think I will code things up without the use of Matlab
classes so that my code remains Octave compatible.  I consider
Octave-compatibility as one of my top-priorities ;-)

Thanks for your answer and for all the nice work you guys have
been doing over the years!

Regards,
Bart

--
        "Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."