Re: Subplots with no padding

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Subplots with no padding
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:31:24 +0200

>I would like to create a tight subplot as follows:

Just some days ago I posted an example of how to generate a pcolor plot
with a legend (which is in fact another pcolor plot).  You can use the
same techniques to obtain most of what you want.  My mail is archived at
<http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2008-July/010292.html>.

If you wnat tighter control, especially if you want reproducible
printing behaviour throughout different versions of Octave (and Matlab,
too), I suggest you go with the eps toolkit.  If you use Debian or a
derived distribution, you can install the octave-epstk package.  Else,
you can download it at <http://www.epstk.de>.

Please do not consider this answer as exhaustive: I am not a plotting
expert, so there may be other and possibly simpler ways to achieve what
you want.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040