Re: Posting guide

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:26:19 -0500

2008/7/28 Rubén Roa-Ureta <address@hidden>:
> Being new to the list, I was trying to find a posting guide, like there
> is for example for R, to no avail (maybe I didn't try hard). So, is
> there a posting guide to ask questions about Octave to the experts?

I don't think we have one, but I'm not sure we need one either. Tell
us what you want to happen, what is actually happening, show us any
error messages you get, and show us the code you're typing. Oh, and be
nice. That seems like common sense to me, but lawyers have shown that
common sense often needs to be codified.

So, ask away.

- Jordi G. H.