Re: Octave C++ performance benchmarks?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave C++ performance benchmarks?
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:18:17 -0500

2008/7/24 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> I'm not saying that you can't do what you want to do (assuming that it
> in fact does not violate the terms of the GPL).

It doesn't. Which is why the AGPL exists. If this usage of Octave is
contrary to what you believe free software should be about, then
perhaps you should consider placing Octave on the AGPL. The two
licenses are almost the same in their operative clauses, the big
difference is clause 13 of the AGPL. I just diff'ed the two licenses,
other than clause 13 of the AGPL, they're nearly identical except for
the preamble and other explanatory sections.

- Jordi G. H.