Re: Debugging in Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Debugging in Octave
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:40:19 -0400

On 24-Jul-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Jul 24, 2008, at 8:32 PM, asha g wrote:
|

| > How do you debug code in Octave> is there a debugger? I normally
| > write disp(fn) and get the data and look at it. But if there is an
| > error "saying print undefined " - then what do you do?
| > Is there a debugger like in Matlab?
| > Thanks
| > Asha
|

| I've not used the debugger myself, but you can start by looking at the
| help text for ...
|
|       dbclear   dbstatus  dbstop    dbtype    dbwhere
|
| Regarding "saying print undefined", I don't know what your referring.
| Can you copy and past the exact error?

Unfortunately I think the debugging functions in 3.0.0 are a bit
limited and hard to use.  The current development sources have some
improvements like dbstack, dbup, dbdown, and dbstep that help improve
that situation a bit.  Of course, things are still not perfect and
help in improving these functions would be appreciated.

jwe