siso_ldpc_fast_mex.mex is not a valid shared library!

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: siso_ldpc_fast_mex.mex is not a valid shared library!
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:49:13 -0400

On 24-Jul-2008, Honore Tapamo wrote:

| Dear Octave users/developers,
|
| I am getting the following error when calling a mex function within octave
|
|    "....siso_ldpc_fast_mex.mex is not a valid shared library".
|
| please could someone tell me what the problem here is. Is it an issue with
| static/shared libraries.
|
| For information, I used static libraries to build octave.

On what kind of system?

Probably, you should build Octave with shared libraries if you want to
use dynamically linked functions.

But in any case, there is not really enough information here for
anyone to help you, except to say that it looks like the .mex file is
not a valid shared library, so they dynamic linker can't link it with
Octave.

jwe