Re: make error about log2 for octave-3.1.51 (Not 3.1.50)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: make error about log2 for octave-3.1.51 (Not 3.1.50)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:30:09 -0400

On 24-Jul-2008, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

| Hello Jaroslav
|
| Thank you for your reply
|

| > This looks really weird given that there is no / token on the line. I
| > suspect that
| > you have log2 defined to some macro and that causes problems.
|
| I do not define log2 myself.  Perhaps gcc on cygwin defines it.

Can you please find out where and how it is defined?  There is nothing
in the Octave source code that #defines it.

| I think that the lines like the following will be required
|
| #ifndef HAVE_LOG2
| #define log2(x) xlog2(x)
| #endif

Where?

I think it might be more appropriate to #undef log2 at some point(s),
similar to what we do for min/max on Windows systems.

In any case, if you think this is a bug in Octave that requires a fix,
we should probably be discussing it on the bug list, not here.

jwe