Re: Errors compiling a C++ class that includes Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Errors compiling a C++ class that includes Octave
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:14:39 -0400

On 22-Jul-2008, Kyusik Chung wrote:

| If the documentation on the libraries were clearer (or existed), that
| would help.

The Octave libraries were designed to implement the Octave
interperter.  Anything beyond that is a bonus, I guess.  If people
want better documentation for the internals, then I suggest that
someone write and contribute something.

| I have the following line of code so far:
|       Matrix m = Matrix(10, 10);

That's it?  No main()?  No include statements?

| Aside from creating the matrix, I do no other operations.
|
| I have the following include statement:
|       #include <octave/Matrix.h>

Where?

| In my Make file I have the following in my CXXFLAGS:
|       -I /usr/local/include/octave-3.0.1
|
| I would include some other headers if I could find reasonable
| documentation telling me what needed to be included.

The following works for me:

  $ cat foo.cc
  #include <octave/config.h>
  #include <octave/Matrix.h>