Re: Bar chart with error bars?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Bar chart with error bars?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:38:27 -0700

octave-3.0.1:4> help -i bar
warning: please use `doc' instead of `help -i'

     form is

          errorbar (Y, EY)

     where the first argument is taken as the set of Y coordinates and
     the second argument EY is taken as the errors of the Y values. X
     coordinates are taken to be the indices of the elements, starting
     with 1.

     If more than two arguments are given, they are interpreted as

          errorbar (X, Y, ..., FMT, ...)

     where after X and Y there can be up to four error parameters such
     as EY, EX, LY, UY etc., depending on the plot type. Any number of
     argument sets may appear, as long as they are separated with a
     format string FMT.

     If Y is a matrix, X and error parameters must also be matrices
     having same dimensions. The columns of Y are plotted versus the
     corresponding columns of X and errorbars are drawn from the
     corresponding columns of error parameters.

     If FMT is missing, yerrorbars ("~") plot style is assumed.

     If the FMT argument is supplied, it is interpreted as in normal
     plots. In addition the following plot styles are supported by
     errorbar:

Above might be starting point to get errorbars with a bar chart.
Henry