RE: pngread does not read 12bit gray images

From: de Almeida, Valmor F.
Subject: RE: pngread does not read 12bit gray images
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:10:43 -0400

Yep. It does work. However it is a little tricky to compare the max(Y(:)) and
min(Y(:)) values octave has in memory with the output of imagemagick's
"identify" tool.

Just for the record. In the following output from identify

  Format: PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
  Class: DirectClass
  Geometry: 275x220+0+0
  Type: Grayscale
  Endianess: Undefined
  Colorspace: Gray
  Depth: 16-bit
  Channel depth:
    Gray: 12-bit
  Channel statistics:
    Gray:
      Min: 774 (0.188968)
      Max: 1558 (0.380377)
      Mean: 1213.52 (0.296275)
      Standard deviation: 95.3054 (0.0232683)

Octave's values for min and max are: 12384 and 24928. These are obtained from
multiplying the corresponding numbers in parentheses from the "identify" output
by 65536.

Thanks,

--
Valmor