Inquiry about Jhandle

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Inquiry about Jhandle
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:38:20 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have a question about jhandles graphics. (3.0.1-vs2008)
I have tested  print('finename', '-dDEVICE')) command when jhandle is graphic
backend.

The postscript device worked fine.

However othe devices did not work fine. For example
octave-3.0.1.exe:7> print ('test.svg', '-dsvg');
error: unsupported output format: svg
error: evaluating switch command near line 25, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 21, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 19, column 3
error: called from `drawnow' in file `C:\Programs\Octave-3.0.1-vs2008\share\octa
ve\packages\jhandles-0.3.3\drawnow.m'
error: evaluating if command near line 412, column 3
error: called from `print' in file `C:\Programs\Octave-3.0.1-vs2008\share\octave
\3.0.1\m\plot\print.m'

For png, test.png was created but it was a mere black square.

Does 'print command' on Jhandle graphics support only the devices related to
the postscript?
If my suspection is true, please document the fact.
I think that it is OK that jhandle supports only postscript related devices.
However it is useful for users that the fact is documented at the appropriate
place.

BTW
I have another question.  The both jhandle and gnuplot can be installed.
Can I switch the graphic backend after the octave installed ?

Regards

Tatsuro