Re: Debugging .mex files (Windows)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Debugging .mex files (Windows)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:07:07 +0200

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM, gOS <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can't find any documentation for how to do this in Windows. Has anyone
> succesfully debugged a mex file in Windows? I attempted to attach Octave in
> Visual Studios 2005, but Visual studios didn't seem to understand that the
> .mex file and .cpp file were related.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, even if its just to say that its impossible.

It *is* possible (for instance I used to debug my java oct-file with VS2005),
but you must compile your mex file with debug enabled (at compile and
link time). If you use mkoctfile to compile your mex file, use the -v flag
to see how the compiler is invoked and check whether the debug flags
are correctly used.

Michael.