Re: Octave and Image Processing

From: soren
Subject: Re: Octave and Image Processing
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:33:52 +0200

Quoting Abdul Rahman Riza <address@hidden>:
I follow instruction from octave tutorial as following

octave:1> I = loadimage ("default.img");
octave:2> S = conv2 (I, ones (5, 5) / 25, "same");
octave:3> [Dx, Dy] = gradient (S);
octave:4>

what next..??

I am a newbie here but I want to input an image, do a simple opreration,
display its result and save it.

If you then do

  grad_len = sqrt (Dx.^2 + Dy.^2);
  imshow (grad_len, [])

then you should get a gradient image (i.e. something that highlights edges). If you install the 'image' package from OctaveForge (http://octave.sf.net) then you'll get a bunch of functions that'll allow you to do more interesting things.
One example would be somthing like

  E = edge (I);
  imshow (E)

which will detect edges and display them. But unless you mention a specific problem you want to solve I can't give you better examples.

If you install the 'image' packagem, you'll be able to save your results using

  imwrite ("test.png", E);

Hope that helps,
Søren

Anybody can give me a simple example?

Riza
2008/6/27 Søren Hauberg <address@hidden>:

fre, 27 06 2008 kl. 12:55 -0700, skrev Abdul Rahman Riza:
> Anybody can figure out how powerfull octave to tacke image processing
> problem?

A lot of people use Octave for image processing, so I think the answer
is yes :-)
 If you want help you need to ask more specific questions, as nobody
can answer a question that haven't been asked.

Søren