Re: Curve Fitting Problem

From: A. Kalten
Subject: Re: Curve Fitting Problem
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:33:52 -0400

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:34:35 +0200
"Jaroslav Hajek" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Having a
> matlab-compatible lsqnonlin in Octave would be good. In general,
> making the optimization stuff more systematic and matlab-compatible is
> a worthy long-term goal.

The Matlab lsqnonlin did the job for me.  It allows some or all of
the coefficients of the model to be constrained.  If very tight bounds
(e.g. +/- 1e-6) are placed on a coefficient, it is the same as fixing
the coefficient to that value.

But thanks to everyone who responded.  I will certainly keep all
the suggestions in mind.  That is the value of this list.  One can
learn a great deal by encountering other perspectives.

AK