Installation

From: Joaquin Aguilar
Subject: Installation
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 01:52:33 -0600

Hi,

I've run into 2 problems when trying to install Octave on Windows Vista.

1. It takes a really long time to do anything. Make took hours, and so did Make install. I am wondering if this is normal?

2. After apparently installing it, I was unable to run it. There seems to be a problem where octave looks for the directory '/cygdrive/c/octave-3.0.1/' .For some reason the drive letter is not on this path, which I find strange. I moved the octave-3.0.1 directory to cygwin's cygdrive in the manner specified above, but with no luck. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you.

--
All the best!,

Joaquin A. Aguilar A. - aka Kino