Re: Curve Fitting Problem

From: A. Kalten
Subject: Re: Curve Fitting Problem
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:37:31 -0400

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:52:32 -0700 (PDT)
Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I understand your problem correctly, is more or less like this;
>
> 1) there is f(x) to be approximated;
> 2) the desired approximation is:
>
> a * x^2 + b * x + c;

In this case there is no function to be approximated.  There
is only data that fits a theoretical model.  I was inquiring
about any off-the-shelf algorithms that can fit a function
to a data set where some of the parameters of the function
need to be constrained in a certain way.

AK