Re: CygWin

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: CygWin
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:15:23 -0400

Alfonso Maschio wrote:
Hi all, first of all i want to say sorry for my bad english. here is my question: i want to use de CygWIN that octabe install under windows 2000, for exsample i want to use ssh in the cygWIN, What i really want to ask if there is any way to use de "machine" CygWIN to install uninstall diferents king of "packs" ex. (ssh)
Thanks a lot 2 everyone
Hi Alfonso,

If I understand your question correctly, you're wanting to install ssh under cygwin? If so, that question should go to the cygwin lists (the short answer is that you should be able to re-run cygwin's setup.exe). If you are wanting to use Octave in windows, there is a cygwin package available through the same installer (I believe-- I'm not a cygwin user), and there is also a package available at http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Cygwin/. If you're wanting to use Octave in windows without cygwin, you can get that from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=40078 .

More information is available at http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html .

If you had a different question, could you please try to restate it?

Have a good day,

Bill