Re: Zhelatin.aan email worm in windows octave-forge installer

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Zhelatin.aan email worm in windows octave-forge installer
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:22:51 +0200

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Thomas Plehn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> I just dowloaded the windows octave and octave forge installer from
> octave.sourceforge.net (octave 3.0.1 release). Unfortunately, my kaspersky
> anti-virus displayed an alert, having found the signature of the
> Zhelatin.aan email worm. just to be sure: Is this installer package release
> really infected, or is that a detection error?
> Thanks for your help. Thomas

Well, considering that the windows installers have been downloaded
about 21000 times (for the 3.0.1 release) and that you're the first one
reporting such problem, I would say this is a false detection. Moreover,
the installer has been generated and tested on a computer protected
by McAfee anti-virus software and it never complained. I also tested
in on a laptop with Norton AV without any problem (however, in this
case, the AV software was not really up-to-date).

Michael.