Re: MPITB for OCTAVE

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: MPITB for OCTAVE
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:38:59 +0200

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Eustaquio Alcides Martínez <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi;

I am working with MPITB for octave and I received this error message:

error: /home/user/octave/mpitb/DLD/MPI_Init.oct is not a valid shared library

when I try to init MPI on octave (MPI_Init)

Please if some one knows how to solve this, please help.

Thanks...

I'm guessing that MPITB wasn't compiled properly using the installed version of octave. If your version of octave is different from the version that was used to make the binaries, you need to recompile.  By the way, a working installation of MPITB with some additional examples is available on the PelicanHPC linux distro. It also has a script that compiles MPITB using LAM/MPI, which might be of some help.
Michael