Re: eigshow function

From: Andrea Spadaccini
Subject: Re: eigshow function
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:42:46 +0200

Ciao Vito,

> > I  have not tried to use eigshow.m, but the invalid property warning
> > for 'tag' is no longer a problem in the most recent release, 3.0.1.
>
> First of all, thanks. I was using octave 2.9.12 (the default on my OpenSuse)
> Now, using the version 3.0.1 things goes better, but I have other errors!
>
> octave:1> eigshow
> warning: set: invalid property `numbertitle'
> warning: set: invalid property `menubar'
> error: `uicontrol' undefined near line 120 column 1
> error: called from `eigshow:initialize' in file `/home/zed/eigshow.m'
> error: evaluating if command near line 40, column 1
> error: called from `eigshow' in file `/home/zed/eigshow.m'
> octave:1>

It's because Octave doesn't natively support the graphic primitives of Matlab.

Try installing the jhandles package, that adds the uicontrol via java
integration.

HTH,

--
[ Andrea Spadaccini - aka lupino3 - GLUGCT - Catania - IM: address@hidden ]
[ GPG ID: 5D41ABF0 - key on keyservers - Debian GNU / Linux Lenny ( Testing ) ]