Re: eigshow function

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: eigshow function
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:44:45 -0400

On Jun 15, 2008, at 12:57 PM, Vito De Tullio wrote:

Ben Abbott wrote:

I  have not tried to use eigshow.m, but the invalid property warning
for 'tag' is no longer a problem in the most recent release, 3.0.1.

First of all, thanks. I was using octave 2.9.12 (the default on my OpenSuse) Now, using the version 3.0.1 things goes better, but I have other errors!

octave:1> eigshow
warning: set: invalid property `numbertitle'
warning: set: invalid property `menubar'
error: `uicontrol' undefined near line 120 column 1
error: called from `eigshow:initialize' in file `/home/zed/eigshow.m'
error: evaluating if command near line 40, column 1
error: called from `eigshow' in file `/home/zed/eigshow.m'
octave:1>

Eventually those problems will be resolved (there is a lot of effort in developing such capabilities for Octave).

However, as David pointed out, you still have the problem of no *legal* eigshow.m being available for Octave.

Those who monitor and respond to the inquiries on this mail-list are proportionately developers for Octave. It is legally important for the developers to avoid being exposed to copyrighted code. Thus it is impractical and inappropriate for us to offer any advice regarding the illegal use of Mathworks code in Octave.

I respectfully ask that you not make such inquiries here :-(

However, if you have trouble with code of your own (or any code that is open-source or non-copyrighted) please make as many inquiries as you like! :-)

Ben