Re: eigshow function

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: eigshow function
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 09:42:17 -0700 (PDT)

Vito De Tullio wrote:

> Surfing on the net, I found some implementations, but all of them gave me
> errors in octave.
>
> http://web.mit.edu/18.06/www/Course-Info/Mfiles/eigshow.m
> http://kom.aau.dk/~borre/kalman/lecture3/eigshow.m
> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mpf/cpsc402/downloads/eigshow.m

Please note that every one of the above is in fact the eigshow.m function
from matlab itself (various versions) and so is copyright Mathworks, so
legally you have no right to use it in Octave and the above links should
never have been made available as above.

The main reason an eigshow function hasn't been implemented in Octave yet is
that it uses UI elements which don't yet exist in Octave but I imagine will
shortly. The function itself is rather simple.

D.