Re: still on octave and gnuplot aqua

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: still on octave and gnuplot aqua
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:43:16 -0700

On Tuesday, June 10, 2008, at 08:41AM, "Andrea D'Amore" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hello,
>I have Aquaterm and gnuplot working with terminal set to "aqua" as
>default even without GNUTERM environment variable but when I call a
>plot from octave 3.0.1 gnuplot uses X11.
>If I set GNUTERM to aqua then an octave plot() calls gnuplot in
>aquaterm.
>
>Is this an octave issue? Why does gnuplot use X11 when called from
>octave but it uses aqua when called from cli?

Octave includes a function "gnuplot_drawnow.m" which references the GNUTERM
variable.

Regarding Mac OSX, if GNUTERM is not set but the DISPLAY variable is set,
Octave will direct gnuplot to use x11. If GNUTERM=aqua or DISPLAY is not set
(empty), then Octave will direct gnuplot to use AquaTerm.

Ben

p.s. To anyone, If I got any of that wrong please correct me.