Re: big .oct files with v3.0.1from Debian

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: big .oct files with v3.0.1from Debian
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:03:48 -0400

On 10-Jun-2008, Michael Creel wrote:

| Thanks. Sorry to ask on the wrong list, but I didn't have the address of the
| right one handy and I was pretty sure the Debian packagers would see it
| here. Laziness on my part. I didn't install the -dbg package, only octave3.0
| and octave3.0-headers, so if octave3.0-dbg was installed, it came as a
| dependency. Sorry, but I can't replicate the setup at the moment, the chroot
| dir is no longer around. I'll post to the correct list in the future if I
| can't figure it out.

I think it is just that mkoctfile is not stripping the .oct files.
That's never been the default behavior in the Octave sources, but
maybe the Debian package enabled it in some way in previous packages?
Or perhaps CXXFLAGS has been changed to include debug options now?
In any case, if you want to force stripping of .oct files, use the -s
option for mkoctfile.

jwe