Re: Plotting lognormal distribution

From: DimitryASuplatov
Subject: Re: Plotting lognormal distribution
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:34:23 +0400

Ok, I`ve figured out how to do the fitting, but now I have the problem
with plotting two graphs at once.

I do:
> pdfNormal = 'my data'
> pdfMean = mean(pdfNormal);
> pdfStd = std(pdfNormal);
> xRange = floor(min(pdfNormal)):0.1:ceil(max(pdfNormal));
> pdfNormalFitted = normpdf(xRange, pdfmean, pdfstd);

Now if I type the following

>h1 = subplot(2,1,1); hist(pdfNormal);
>h2 = subplot(2,1,2); plot(xRange, pdfNormalFitted);
I get two different plots on one sheet. If I run subplot(1,1,1) two
times I get my plots reinitialized so that I see only one graph in the
end.

What I want is - two graphs in one coordinates. Is it possible in
octave?

Thanks!