exporting data, printing plots

From: Siddhartha
Subject: exporting data, printing plots
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:10:41 -0500

Hey ya'll

Does anyone know how to export a script written in Octave
terminal to a seperate file? I know the print command should
send to a printer, and if you give a file name it should
save as a file, but for some reason it is not working. I
tried having the file named with a .m extension, but still
it does not work. Also, printing a plot graphed with gnuplot
Octave does not work when I try just typing print into the
octave terminal

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thank you!
Siddhartha Owens