Momentary appearence of graphic window in Octave 3.0.1-vs2008

From: Prof M. N. Anandaram
Subject: Momentary appearence of graphic window in Octave 3.0.1-vs2008
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 23:39:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello:                                                       June 8, 2008
 I have this problem of the graphic window disappearing after a second
when invoked as a script file through SciTE editor in my WinXP install of
Octave 3.0.1-vs2008 with jhandles backend selected in my Celeron 2.66GHz
computer.
First I try the builtin functions peaks(), sphere(), and sombrero() directly in
dos window.
They all appear after a couple of seconds delay and are beautiful to behold and
to spin around,
and persist until dismissed by clicking X at top right corner.
Next I save the same functions as a script file and hit the F5 button (or, GO
in Tools Menu item
of SciTE edit window.).   A blank graphic window appars and disappears after a
second.
There is no error message at all in the SciTe output window.
I also tried a Matlab script which works and graphs well in Matlab v7.0 window.
But when that script
is run under Octave through SciTE edit window, I get data output alright in the
output window .
The graphic window flashes the plot alright too but disappears in a moment as
before.
The same script runs well (after minimal changes) in my Visual Python  install
which
shows both 2D and 3D plots also in their own persistent graphic windows.
I put the scripts in my "H:\Octave\share\octave\3.0.1\m \" folder and tried
again.
The problem continues.
Any solution to this problem friends ?
Mandayam Anandaram