TextMate for Octave was Re: Octave Editor on Mac Leopard OS X

From: Matt Foster
Subject: TextMate for Octave was Re: Octave Editor on Mac Leopard OS X
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:55:35 +0100

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 4, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Siddhartha wrote:

> is there something that can be done to get the editor on a
> Mac with Leopard OS X? I know that on PC's simply typing
> "edit" gets you to it, but for some reason it isn't working
> on my mac. I have a intel processor on the mac, with GNU
> plot, gfortran, and Xcode 3.0 currently installed as well.

Either from Octave's command prompt, or in your ~/.octaverc place the
line

edit editor "mate %s"

where you substitute you favorite editor for "mate".

For more info, type "help edit" at Octave's prompt.

If you'd like an editor that has syntax highlighting for Matlab/Octave
give TextMate a try.

Since TextMate's been brought up...

I recently became maintainer of the matlab support bundle for TextMate.
One of my top priorities is octave support, so I'd love to see as many people as possible using it, improving it and discussing it.

If you're interested in helping, please join the google group:  http://groups.google.com/group/matlab-tmbundle

I'm hoping that together we can make this bundle as useful as some of the really popular ones!

Cheers,

--
Matt Foster | http://my-mili.eu/matt