Non-negative results when solving a set of equations

From: Terje Hansen
Subject: Non-negative results when solving a set of equations
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:59:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Octave experts,

I have a set of equations (Ax = b) that I can solve with  A\b.
However, due to physical reasons, the result can not contain negative values
(they should be zero in that case). I went through the manual and did a
search, but found nothing that could help me.
Maybe you know some function (or mathematical trick/solution) that would
help me?

Thanks!