Re: Octave Editor on Mac Leopard OS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave Editor on Mac Leopard OS X
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 18:35:44 -0400

On Jun 4, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Siddhartha wrote:

is there something that can be done to get the editor on a
Mac with Leopard OS X? I know that on PC's simply typing
"edit" gets you to it, but for some reason it isn't working
on my mac. I have a intel processor on the mac, with GNU
plot, gfortran, and Xcode 3.0 currently installed as well.

Either from Octave's command prompt, or in your ~/.octaverc place the line

edit editor "mate %s"

where you substitute you favorite editor for "mate".

For more info, type "help edit" at Octave's prompt.

If you'd like an editor that has syntax highlighting for Matlab/Octave give TextMate a try.

Ben