Re: Detecting if a file is open

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Detecting if a file is open
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:30:05 -0400

On  2-Jun-2008, gOS wrote:

| Except that unwind_protect is not compatible with Matlab, correct?
| Maintaining 2 separate scripts to do the exact same thing so that I can
| differentiate between try/catch and unwind_protect is not only unacceptable,
| its bad coding practice and leads to maintainability issues.

Until the very latest Matlab release, Matlab had no way to do the
equivalent of unwind_protect.  Now, they have of course chosen to
implement something that sort of does the same thing, but in a
completely different way.  There has been some discussion of this
feature on the lists already, if you are intersted in helping out.

jwe