Re: contourf and linewidth

From: JJonasson
Subject: Re: contourf and linewidth
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 09:14:41 -0700 (PDT)

Marco Caliari wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to specify the line width of the contour levels in
> contourf? The following
>
> contourf(peaks,'LineWidth',2)
>
> does not work in Octave 3.0.0, i.e., no error but no thicker lines.
>
> Best regards,

Try it with contour also.. No errors, but no lines :-)

The issue is that the contours are in fact patch objects and not lines
so that something like "colormap cool" will change their color. In
contourf the patches FaceColor is "flat" and in contour it is "none".
Neither __go_draw_axes__.m nor __contour__.m respected the linewidth
variable. And worse, the __contourc__ function choked on the linewidth
variable generating no lines with the contour function. See the attached
patch that should fix this issue.

D.

Hi

I also have a problem with the linewidth for contour, so I was happy to see
that someone had a solution to the problem. But what am I supposed to do
with this patch? How can I get it to work?

/jonas