problem of linestyle when I use plot

From: Jinzhi Lei
Subject: problem of linestyle when I use plot
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:47:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all,

I'm new to  Octave, and have a problem while I try to use plot. It seems that the
'linestyle' option doesn't work with plot at it does in matlab.

I use

plot(X,Y,'linestyle','--');
print -deps test.eps;

to plot the curve and export to the file test.eps. However, when I open test.eps, the curve is not plot in dashed line, but a solid line.

When I plot two curves as follows:

hold on;
plot(X,Y,'r-');
plot(X,Y,'b-');
print -deps test.eps;

the second curve always appear as dashed curve.

It seems that I can't control the line style by myself. If any one an tell me how to resolve this problem? Thanks.

Jinzhi.