Re: How to get octave to print values as it runs

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: How to get octave to print values as it runs
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 12:04:28 -0500

On 30/05/2008, Praedor Atrebates <address@hidden> wrote:
> In trying to get a matlab prog to run, I would like to run the program and
>  have octave pause or break at various points, printing to the CLI what the
>  current value of various variables are.  How does one do this?

You can use disp and pause to do this. E.g.

     disp(interesting_variable);
     pause;

You might also be interested in turning off paging, so that results
aren't buffered, but printed right away. You can do this with
"page_output_immediately(1)".

If you want more fine-tuned debugging than this, you might want to
look at more advanced debugging functions (chapter 13 of the Octave
manual).

- Jordi G. H.