Re: Getting a matlab proggie to work

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Getting a matlab proggie to work
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:39:55 -0500

On 30/05/2008, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 29-May-2008, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
>
>  | I have some data that I analyze by matlab normally but would like to be
> able
>  | to do it with octave as well (I wont pay >$1000 for ANY software ever).
>

> I think the key feature of Octave is freedom, not price.

Speaking of which, I've seen another free project[1] (besides
OpenKiosk[2], which I mentioned a long time ago) that charges for
distributing Windows and Mac OS X binaries from its website. I'm
really curious to know if that business model works or not. I guess I
could just ask those two.

- Jordi G. H.

[1] http://soft.proindependent.com/pricing.html
[2] http://openkiosk.sourceforge.net/dw.html