Re: Plotting mesh plots

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: Plotting mesh plots
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:36:07 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 28.05.2008, 01:24 -0700 schrieb asha g:
> V is voltage and is generated through the program.

Okay, my question was not clear enough. You can't choose 'V'
arbitrarily, it must match in dimension with X and Y.

As your code doesn't include the computation of V, it's impossible to
say whether V is a valid value for mesh().

> What does surface mean in the error? And all three
> must be in the same dimensions ???

mesh() plots the values of Z versus the coordinates given by X and Y.
Therefor all three matrices must have the same dimensions. meshgrid()
computes the matrices X and Y such that they have the same dimension,
but for Z, you are on your own. Usually, you compute X and Y and compute
Z as a function of those two, ie

Z = X.^2 + Y.^3.

        Thomas