Re: Change of gset/gplot in octave 3.0

From: Peter Breun
Subject: Re: Change of gset/gplot in octave 3.0
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:13:53 +0200

Hi Przemek,

thanks for your reply. I think I solved the problem now by figuring out the new commands and corresponding syntax. Nevertheless, I am quite interested in what you are saying about my solution because octave tells that the __gnuplot* commands may be lost in future versions.

Thanks again!

the old octave commands using gset and gplot:

gset xrange [0:80]
gset xtics 0,10,80
gset size ratio '0.6'
gset format x "%01g"
gplot data using 1:2 title 'fx" w p ls 1 #'
hold on
gplot data2 using 1:2 title 'fx2" ls 2 #'

the new octave code:

__gnuplot_set__ xrange [0:80]
__gnuplot_set__ xtics '0,10,80'
__gnuplot_set__ size ratio '0.6'
__gnuplot_set__ xtics format '"%01g"'
__gnuplot_plot__ data using 1:2 title "fx" w p ls 1, data2 using 1:2 title "fx2" w l ls 2

I searched now for some hours for a solution, but I was not able the
  find a way to set the gnuplot commands within the octave files such
that, e.g., the aspect ratio or the axis format can be fully customized.

Kind of depends on what exactly you were using. Both Gnuplot and Octave have changed since the version you previously had. Perhaps ask this question again by showing an example of what you were doing in your old scripts, and asking how to accomplish an equivalent effect with new gnuplot and/or new Octave plotting facility which is handle-based like Matlab's and doesn't depend on Gnuplot.

         greetings