JHandles packages installation

From: Andrea Spadaccini
Subject: JHandles packages installation
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:42:48 +0200

Hello everybody,
I'm experiencing some problems with the JHandles packages.

I'm running Octave 3.0.1 on Debian Lenny, with pinning I got the latest
Octave packages from Debian Unstable. Everything works correctly,
but I'm unable to install those two packages from octave-forge.

In order to install the Java package, I had to export the JAVA_HOME
environment variable, and it worked. Now I try to install JHandles and
here's what I get:

octave:1> pkg install jhandles-0.3.3.tar.gz
error: `cellfun' undefined near line 29 column 14
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 29, column 44
error: evaluating if command near line 27, column 3
error: called from `fullfile' in file
`/usr/share/octave/3.0.1/m/miscellaneous/fullfile.m'
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating static command near line 205, column 3
error: called from `pkg' in file `/usr/share/octave/3.0.1/m/pkg/pkg.m'
make: *** [all] Error 255
error: 'make' returned the following error: make: Entering directory
`/tmp/oct-9sQXpQ/jhandles-0.3.3/src'
Java support not compiled
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-9sQXpQ/jhandles-0.3.3/src'
error: called from `pkg:configure_make' in file
/usr/share/octave/3.0.1/m/pkg/pkg.m near line 1245, column 2

Can anyone please give me some directions?

If this is a bug, I'm willing to help fix it, just tell me what can I
do, I'm a bit clueless :)

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrea Spadaccini